@ the World’s Oldest Rodeo
Rodeo’s youngest cowboys and cowgirls cinch up their jeans and climb aboard an atypical rough stock animal – sheep, also known as mutton.
We are offering Mutton Bustin’ as a pre-rodeo activity 3 nights this year:
July 1st, 2nd & 3rd, 2022 @ 5:30 PM
Calling All Kids!
Register by june 15th
Attention moms, dads, and legal guardians of little cowkids wanting to Mutton Bust.
Our Mutton Bustin’ is open to pre-register!
We are offering Mutton Bustin’ as a pre-rodeo activity 3 nights this year. We would love for you to be part of it with us!
Check-in time: 5pm
The events start at 5:30 pm
If you have a child ages 4-7 and 55 lbs or less, please consider signing them up in advance to ensure they have a chance to ride. The number of riders is limited for this activity to 12 children per night. First come (meaning sign up) first serve.
Entry fee is $15/child.
To sign up, fill out the form below.
Please familiarize yourself with the Guidelines.
For more information please call 928-445-3103.
**as space is limited, Signing up below DOES NOT guarantee your child has been selected, you will receive an email confirmation by May 22nd letting you know if your child has been selected, participating details and how to submit payment.
Prescott Frontier Days, Inc. and World’s Oldest Rodeo is pleased to offer Mutton Bustin’ as a pre-rodeo event! We want everyone to have a safe, fun, and memorable event so please be aware of the following guidelines so that everything goes as smoothly as possible.
- ONLY A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MAY REGISTER A CHILD IN THE MUTTON BUSTIN’ EVENT. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The entry fee for Mutton Bustin’ is $15. Entries limited to 12 each night.
Each participant receives one rodeo ticket for themselves and one rodeo ticket for one parent/guardian. (other family members will need to purchase their own tickets: contact the rodeo office for the Mutton Buster ticket block)
- ONLY CHILDREN BETWEEN AGES 4 and 7 and NOT exceeding 55 pounds may ride in the Mutton Bustin’ event.
- Please check in at the Mutton Bustin’ booth when you arrive at the rodeo. The Mutton Bustin’ check-in table will be near the main ticket booth on the east end of the grounds. A signed release form (available online) must be signed by a parent and turned in at check-in. Failure to check-in before the rodeo performance and return the signed waiver will result in forfeiting your child’s participation and entry fee.
- At check in the rider will get a commemorative back number and safety pins. Please pin the Mutton Buster’s number on the back of their shirt prior to the event.
- According to PRCA safety requirements, all contestants must wear long sleeved shirts, long pants, and sturdy shoes or boots. No spurs. Protective vests and helmets will be provided or they can wear their own hockey helmet with full cage if they prefer.
- One adult may accompany the contestant into the rodeo arena. No food or drinks allowed. Adults who enter the arena should also wear sturdy shoes and are expected to follow instructions from the arena staff and sheep wranglers. PLEASE stay back, on the fence, or on one knee, so the crowd can see the riders.
- After contestants ride, rodeo staff will be on hand to quickly pick them up, get them out of the protective gear, and line them up for their final bows. It is important that we do not block the view of the spectators, and that things move along quickly.
- After the last contestant has ridden, the children will be taken to the center arena for photo ops and crowd appreciation. They will receive also receive their ribbons. Swag bags will be passed out at the Mutton Buster area immediately after the event.
- Prizes: Trophy Buckle is awarded to the winner of each night. There is also a commemorative WOR Back # and participation medal for each participant.